Detail of an 1886 map showing the subdivision of District Lot 200A acquired in 1871 by Henry Valentine Edmonds (p. 21, Bartholomew Report, 1929). DL 200A extends from the shores of False Creek on the north—note the bridge at Westminster Avenue (Main Street)—to 9th Avenue (Broadway) on the south; and from (future) Cambie Street in the west to Prince Edaward Street in the East. The three east-west streets immediately south of Front Street are named after three governors general of Canada. Streets running north-south are named after all provinces in confederation at the time the plan was registered.
The Canadian Confederation Streets Continue reading